This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain. SHERIF AWAD (on behalf of Barisurg Limited) is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice:
SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone/email/text message contact, and arrange telephone/clinic consultations and some marketing communications. In you making initial contact you consent to SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) maintaining a dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) also act on behalf of their clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) will be acting on the instruction of their client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to SHERIF AWAD’s website, including but not limited to: personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) may from time to time use such information to identify his visitors. SHERIF AWAD may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to his website.
Any information SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) will only collect the information needed so that he can provide you with consulting services. We do not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Lmited) has purchased from a third-party list broker, on behalf of a client.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING ANY PERSONAL DATA
To meet SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited)’s contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
LEGITIMATE INTERESTS PURSUED BY SHERIF AWAD (AND BARISURG LIMITED) AND/OR HIS CLIENTS
To permit consulting services offered by SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) and/or to market the services and/or products offered by SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited)’s existing clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on his behalf. SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement without your consent. However, SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited), his clients and/or the wider community.
SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After seven years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in UK using different (multiple) servers. SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) does not store personal data outside the EEA.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
At any point whilst SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) are in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access– you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
• Right of rectification– you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten– in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing– where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability– you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object– you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling– you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
If SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) at your request can confirm what information he holds about you and how it is processed.
YOU CAN REQUEST THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (SHERIF AWAD or Barisurg Limited) that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it was not collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
TO ACCESS WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS HELD, IDENTIFICATION WILL BE REQUIRED
SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 07757 698 216 or writing to us at the address below.
If you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by SHERIF AWAD (and Barisurg Limited) or its partners, you have the right to complain to SHERIF AWAD (1). If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator (2).
The details for each of these contacts are:
Data Protection Regulator;
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Telephone: 0303 123 1113